The San Francisco 49ers pass rush finally broke through last week

The San Francisco 49ers pass rush finally broke through last week

liny195

9 Jan 2019 at 01:31
against the Oakland Raiders www.49erscheapstore.com/earl-mitchell-jersey-cheap , taking down Derek Carr seven times. Cassius Marsh led the way with 2.5 sacks, Dekoda Watson had 1.5 sacks in his return from injured reserve, and Solomon Thomas, Ronald Blair, and DeForest Buckner each had a sack. The 49ers defense dominated the game primarily due to the considerable pass rush.Week 10 brings a matchup with the New York Giants that presents a huge opportunity for the pass rush to find more success. Eli Manning has been sacked a league-high 31 times. Football Outsiders ranks the team’s adjusted sack rate 26th in the league. The Giants rank eighth worst with an 8.9 percent sacks-per-dropback ratio.The 49ers enter this week tied for seventh in the NFL with 24 sacks. They rank eighth in Football Outsiders adjusted sack rate statistic. They ranked fairly well even before their seven sack performance, but they jumped with that effort.Can they build on it against the Giants? I asked Big Blue View editor Ed Valentine his thoughts on the Giants pass protection. At times it seems like Eli Manning works his way into sacks, but analytics suggest the Giants offensive line is pretty bad as well. Pro Football Focus tracks time in pocket stats www.49erscheapstore.com/laken-tomlinson-jersey-cheap , and Manning has the 11th shortest average time to throw, the seventh fastest time to getting sacked, and eighth shortest average time in the pocket.I asked Ed what explains Manning leading the NFL in sacks.The Giants are a mess right now, but their passing attack remains dangerous with Odell Beckham Jr. and Sterling Shepard regular threats on the outside and Saquon Barkley among the best pass-catching running backs in the league. OBJ and Shepard will be a particularly difficult task for the 49ers secondary, and so the key will be getting consistent pressure on Manning. If the pass rush can perform similarly to what we saw last week against Oakland, the 49ers will be in a strong position to win this game.Golden Nuggets: No Marquise Goodwin Sunday The San Francisco 49ers injury report continues its hits as wide receiver Marquise Goodwin is ruled out. This helps the development of Dante Pettis who had a decent Sunday last week and now will have some more responsibilities. It also helps Richie James who no doubt is suiting up for Sunday. But boy does this hurt. Goodwin is seen as the 1b wide receiver who was primed for a huge season. He still could put up some good numbers, but getting knocked out of the first game of the season against the Minnesota Vikings and now out completely against the Detroit Lions Cheap Mike McGlinchey Jersey , it’s definitely not an inspiring start. This does help the development of Pettis and James as they can get that valuable game day experience they may not get otherwise, but man. The 49ers are just getting banged up all over the place. I’m definitely interested in the development of Najee Toran, but I’m pretty sure when I said he needed development, I meant a season or more. Not one game. Unfortunately, desperate times call for desperate measures. Who knows? He may emerge as a valuable option for the future. The 49ers just need to get healthy. 49ers injury report: Week 2 lineup to be full of rookie (Madson)49ers WR Goodwin unlikely to play Sunday vs. Lions (Branch)Brian Baldinger: Fred Warner had best Week 1 rookie performance (Madson)49ers notes: Arik Armstead, Solomon Thomas compete for same role (Maiocco) Robert Saleh: Richard Sherman was his old self in debut (Madson)First NFL Loss Hasn’t Fazed 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo (Williams)Turning to Najee Toran: 49ers likely to start undrafted rookie at guard (Branch)49ers linebacker Elijah Lee prepares for first NFL start (Maiocco)49ers relegate Solomon Thomas to defending run (Cohn)Ziggy Ansah “optimistic” he’ll play on Sunday (Pro Football Talk)Will 49ers George Kittle be fantasy-football owners’ delight? (Inman)7 former 49ers nominated for 2019 Pro Football Hall of Fame class (Maiocco)49ers-Lions injury report: Rookie Dante Pettis to make first NFL start (Maiocco) 49ers report: Top 5 things we learned Friday (Inman)Kyle Shanahan goes back to Super Bowl loss to prepare for Lions (Maiocco)What a horrible night to have a curse...