The Cleveland Browns signed tight end Darren Fells to a

The Cleveland Browns signed tight end Darren Fells to a

liny195

19 Jun 2019 at 03:01
modest three-year contract in March of 2018. Fells www.brownsfanshop.com/Bernie-Kosar-Jersey , who spent the previous season with the Detroit Lions, was an afterthought for many, brought in to supply depth behind tight ends David Njoku and Seth DeValve.But just like he did with the Lions, and with the Arizona Cardinals for three seasons prior to Detroit, Fells proved to be a player who makes the most of his opportunities:This was the third time in his five-year career that Fells has finished with three touchdown receptions, but the first time he has accomplished it on so few receptions. He had three touchdown receptions with the Cardinals in 2015 on 21 receptions, and again with the Lions in 2017 on just 17 receptions.Fells took a different path to the NFL as he spent five years after college playing professional basketball in Belgium, Finland www.brownsfanshop.com/Austin-Seibert-Jersey , France, Mexico and Argentina. He spent training camp with the Seattle Seahawks in 2013 and 2014 before joining Arizona’s practice squad. He finally made the Cardinals’ active roster as a 28-year-old rookie in 2014.The veteran tight end may not fill up the box score on a weekly basis, but as long as he continues to find the end zone when given the chance, the Browns will be happy with him on the field. REGINA, Saskatchewan (AP) — Craig Dickenson joined younger brother Dave as a Canadian Football League head coach Friday, taking over the top spot with the Saskatchewan Roughriders.The 47-year-old Dickenson was promoted from special teams coordinator to replace Chris Jones, who resigned as head coach/GM/defensive coordinator and vice president of football operations Jan. 15 to join the NFL's Cleveland Browns as an assistant."This was the perfect job at the perfect time with the perfect people and I couldn't feel any better about who I'm going to work with," Dickenson said. Dave Dickenson is the coach of the Grey Cup champion Calgary Stampeders."I think it's cool Derrick Kindred Jersey ," Dave Dickenson said. "Listen, there's only so many of these head jobs and to have both of us doing it, obviously our parents should be proud. It shows they did a good job of getting us to where we wanted to get to."Craig Dickenson said he spoke to his brother about the Saskatchewan job."He said, ‘Go for it, it's a good job,'" Craig Dickenson said. "When I told my dad the news, he was more excited than I expected so I think it means a lot to him. It's going to be fun. We've competed our whole lives. Dave is very happy that I get this opportunity and I'm thrilled to be able to coach in the same league as my brother."The first-time head coach agreed to a three-year contract. He will remain special teams coordinatorDickenson spent 16 seasons as a CFL assistant with Saskatchewan, Calgary Myles Garrett Color Rush Jersey , Montreal, Winnipeg and Edmonton, and also was a special teams coach with Oakland and San Diego in the NFL. From Great Falls, Montana, he was a kicker at the University of Montana. Dave Dickenson was a star quarterback at Montana and in the CFL."I'm biased, but I think he's more than qualified," Dave Dickenson said. "I think special teams coaches do a great job as head coaches because they already talk to the whole team. … I think he might be as good a coach as I am, maybe better www.brownsfanshop.com/Rashard-Higgins-Jersey , but that doesn't guarantee success. As a head coach, you're dependent on your players and staff and you have to be the leader. But I don't think Craig is going to have any problems because he's a great communicator, a great teacher. He's really good at setting expectations for people to follow his lead."The move was the team's first since promoting Jeremy O'Day from assistant vice president of football operations and administration to GM and vice president of football operations."I have nothing but respect for him and can't wait to go to war for him," Saskatchewan defensive lineman Jordan Reaves tweeted.The Roughriders were 12-6 in the regular season last year. They lost to Winnipeg in the West Division semifinal.FOX Fantasy AutoForm a Racing Team, Compete for PrizesPlay Now!