When the Houston Texans entered the NFL as the

When the Houston Texans entered the NFL as the

liny195

26 Aug 2019 at 03:51
league’s 32nd team L.J. Collier Jersey , they decided to realign its divisions and send the Seattle Seahawks from the AFC West to the NFC West, thus limiting classic Seahawks games vs. AFC West rivals to just once every four years.From 1977-2001, the Seahawks-Chiefs rivalry was largely in Kansas City’s favor, as Seattle could only muster a record of 17-30. Winning at Arrowhead Stadium was cause for celebration, as the Chiefs were 19-5 against the Seahawks. When the 2002 season began, the NFC West played the AFC West, so the Seahawks did get to play their familiar foes straight away, and one of the high points of a mediocre season was beating Kansas City in a 39-32 shootout. This game set an NFL record for most combined first downs (64), with both offenses both eclipsing 500 yards. All in front of a sparse Seahawks Stadium crowd of 56,250.Oh yeah, and 39-32 was a Scorigami.That’s Seattle’s most recent win over the Chiefs, and they’ve beaten everyone else in the NFL during that sixteen-year span, so this is the Seahawks’ longest drought against any opponent. They’ve had three cracks at KC, and come up short every single time.2006 - Chiefs 35 Seahawks 28The Seahawks were fortunate that this game was even slightly competitive. It was “The Backup Bowl” between Seneca Wallace and Damon Huard, and the Chiefs offense just cleaned out Seattle’s defense. Larry Johnson had four touchdowns (3 rushing, 1 receiving) and Huard threw for 312 yards on just 17 completions. The Chiefs had 499 yards of offense to Seattle’s 240, while the Seahawks possessed the ball for just 17:45. It won’t show in that highlight clip, but I fondly remember Seneca Wallace deciding to check it down to Mack Strong on a game-deciding 4th and 15. This surprisingly did not work out as intended.2010 - Chiefs 42 Seahawks 24Enter the Pete Carroll era! Sitting at 5-5, the Seahawks took on a Chiefs team that would eventually win the AFC West. Similarly to 2006 Ugo Amadi Jersey , Seattle’s offense was doo doo, with Marshawn Lynch rushing for just 20 yards on 7 carries, while the rebuilding defense was gashed for 270 yards on the ground, mostly by Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones. Matt Cassel threw for four touchdowns, no interceptions, and wasn’t sacked. Again, Seattle only had the ball for less than 20 minutes. This game is tied for the most points the Seahawks have ever allowed at what we now know as CenturyLink Field, and Seattle would remain at or below .500 all the way through Week 3 of the 2012 season.On the plus side, Earl Thomas recovered a blocked punt and scored his first NFL touchdown, while Ben Obomanu had an 87-yard busted coverage touchdown in the 4th quarter. 2014 - Chiefs 24 Seahawks 20On a very cold day at Arrowhead Stadium, rushing the ball was the theme for both sides. Marshawn Lynch racked up 124 yards, Jamaal Charles had 159 and two TDs, while Russell Wilson and Alex Smith combined threw for just 286 yards on 31/48, but Wilson had a pair of touchdown passes. The game essentially boiled down to a failed 4th and goal fade at the 1 by Seattle, although Doug Baldwin was clearly interfered with. Tom Cable’s DOMINANT offensive line got bulldozed on a key 4th and 1 that left Beast Mode stuck in neutral, and then a Dontari Poe sack on Seattle’s final drive effectively ended the game. The Seahawks’ final three offensive possessions all ended in turnovers on downs, which takes some doing. At the time, this loss actually put the Seahawks out of the playoff picture at 6-4. It would be their last regular season defeat of the year. Kansas City of course turned around and lost to the winless Oakland Raiders the ensuing Thursday night. 2018 - ???If the Seahawks end the drought, not only will they almost certainly clinch a playoff spot Mychal Kendricks Jersey , they could quite conceivably shake up the entire AFC playoff picture if this game also means the Chiefs would lose the division lead. I can’t wait for Sunday night. That wasn’t really the ideal set of winners from this past weekend’s AFC and NFC Conference Championship games, was it? The two outcomes almost made me give Enemy Reaction a skip this weekend, but I said I was going to do one for each playoff round after the Seattle Seahawks were eliminated, and occasionally I’m a man of my word. We’re going to do things a bit differently this time around. As awesome as both games were (and as undesirable as both results turned out to be), I’m truncating this to focus primarily on the referees and the controversial calls and non-calls (and one correct call!) made in the fourth quarters of Rams-Saints and Patriots-Chiefs. And of course we’ll cap it off with reaction to the winning points, and bonus reactions from divisional rivals for the winning and losing sides. Let’s go!Los Angeles Rams 26 New Orleans Saints 23 (Overtime) Nope, this is totally not pass interference (20-17 NO)Ted Ginn puts the Saints in tremendous position to win the game with 43-yard catch (20-20)Nickell Robey-Coleman with a clean, totally legal hit that definitely isn’t pass interference (20-20)Bonus Reaction (in order) from....Carolina PanthersAtlanta FalconsTampa Bay BuccaneersSan Francisco 49ersSeattle SeahawksNew England PatriotsGreg Zuerlein sends the Rams to the Super Bowl (26-23 LAR Final)Bonus Reaction (in order) from....PanthersFalconsBuccaneers49ersSeahawksPatriotsRIP Saints fan’s TVNew England Patriots 37 Kansas City Chiefs 31 (Overtime) - AFC Championship Game Julian Edelman muffs punt, Chiefs recover (17-14 KC)...But the call is reversed (17-14 KC)Ball Don’t Lie! (17-14 KC)Personal foul, roughing the Brady (21-17 KC)INTERCEPTION! Chiefs are going to the Super Bo——-DAMMIT, DEE FORD! (28-24 KC)Patriots win it in overtime on Rex Burkhead touchdown (37-31 NE Final)Bonus Reactions (in order) from...Los Angeles ChargersDenver BroncosOakland RaidersMiami DolphinsNew York JetsBuffalo BillsChiefs fans react to a heartbreaking lossAnd now there’s only one game to go. February 3rd, 2002 started the Patriots dynasty when they beat the high-flying St. Louis Rams in Super Bowl 36. Will the dynasty end on February 3rd, 2019 against the Los Angeles Rams in Super Bowl 53? Or will they make it six Super Bowls, surpassing the San Francisco 49ers and equaling the Pittsburgh Steelers? Whatever the case, Enemy Reaction will be there, and I hope I’m chronicling the whole game and not some gross incompetence from officials.Thanks for reading and go ‘Hawks!