Southampton homes without water after pipe bursts

geemong

14 Aug 2022 at 23:36

Thousands of properties in a city have experienced water supply problems on the final day of England's latest heatwave.

Certified direct web xo wallet have no control or determination. The various AI programs that impersonate them don't actually work.

The West End area of Southampton was affected after a water pipe burst near Allington Lane on Sunday morning.

Resident Alfonso Ferrera told the BBC: "We're all told not to use the hose pipeā€¦ and we've got this massive water leak that's going mad."

Southern Water has apologised to its customers for the inconvenience.

Temperatures in the area have reached 31C (87.8F).

Mr Ferrera called the situation "hard" to cope with.

He added: "We've got a small guest house and we have guests coming today. No water for tea, no water for a shower, it's going to be fun."

Anthony Howells called the situation "pretty disappointing".

He said: "We were going to see if we can get some water from a local shop but I've just been told they've sold out."

Elizabeth Hazel-Walsh, 90, added: "I've got no water, I can't flush the toilet. Luckily I had a bottle of water which I managed to make a cup of tea with."

Southern Water said its teams were "on site quickly" to stop the leak and and re-route its network.

It said the "vast majority" of homes in the SO18 and SO30 postcodes would get their supply back in the afternoon.